Did you recently move to the area? Looking for some fun December activities for the family? Well as someone who grew up in Herndon, Virginia, I feel confident in telling you that the Reston Town Center is where you want to be!
Between now and New Year’s there are fun activities and events almost every day. Here are some of my favorites:
“A Christmas Story” at Bow Tie Cinemas
- Part of the Insomnia Theater Series at 11:30 PM on December 13th, 14th
- Part of Movies and Mimosas at 11:00 AM on December 14th, 15th
“It’s A Wonderful Life” at Bow Tie Cinemas
- Part of the Insomnia Theater Series at 11:30 PM on December 20th, 21st
- Part of Movies and Mimosas at 11:00 AM on December 21st, 22nd
Ice Skating at the Reston Town Center Pavilion
- They have Rock n’ Roll Skate with a DJ on Friday nights and Cartoon Skate on Saturday mornings, but I prefer to go when they play predominantly Christmas music (fun fact: this was one of my first jobs as a teenager)
- Cost: Adults: $10, Children under 12: $8, Skate Rentals: $5
- The hours change around the holidays, so check out their website before you head over: http://www.restontowncenter.com/iframe/pop-ups/ice_skating.htm
Gingerbread Village at Hyatt Regency Reston
- This is the 13th year that they have set up an elaborate gingerbread house village in the lobby of the Hyatt – a must see!
- December 2nd – 27th
New Year’s Day 5K
- I can’t think of a better way to start your New Year’s Resolution fitness goals off on the right foot than by running a 5K!
- When: Wednesday, January 1st at 10:00 AM
- Presented by Potomac River Running
- Cost: $30 before December 13th, $35 between December 14th – 30th, $40 on December 31st or January 1st
- Register here: http://www.prraces.com/newyearsday/
There are plenty more events, these were just a few of my favorites! You can access the full calendar here: http://www.restontowncenter.com/cgi-bin/calendar/Calcium40.pl?Op=ShowIt&CalendarName=EVENTS
Happy Holidays! And as always, never hesitate to reach out with any and all of your real estate related questions, I’m happy to help!
If you find yourself ready to start looking at some homes in Northern Virginia, you can begin your search by CLICKING HERE.
– Casey Menish, Realtor
The E4Realty Group of RE/MAX Gateway – 42365 Soave Drive, Suite 200, Ashburn VA 20148